Recipe | Guacamole
I remember when I was dating my husband I decided to make some guacamole for my in-laws. I mean, I had never before made guacamole, but I wanted to impress. I also made chips from scratch to go with it. (Yeah, I was trying really hard, LOL)
Neadless to say, it was a hit. A huge hit. My mother-in-law really likes cilantro, and she will still ask me 10 years later to make some.
I used my grandfather's recipe, and I'm sharing it with you. It's simple, easy, and so tasty. So rather than buying some from the store, (please don't do that) take 10 minutes to make it fresh.
Gather your ingredients
3 large avocados
1 medium tomato
1/2 onion (diced)
3 cloves of garlic
1 bundle of cilantro
1. Dice tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and garlic. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cut and scoop out the avocados.
3. Mash avocados well.
4. Mix in tomatoes, onions, cilantro, and garlic.
5. Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt. More to taste if needed.
6. Add the juice of 1/2 lemon (this preserves it and will help it stay fresh).
7. Transfer to a serving bowl, garnish with tomatoes and cilantro.
For the longest time my grandfather would make this for every family hangout. A while ago he passed the recipe down to his kids, and my mom helped me figure out how to make it just like he did. And I impressed my in-laws enough to let their son marry me. Hehe. Win-win for everyone.
Join the mailing list to be the first to know when there's a new collection launch, exclusive promotions, blog posts, and to get a behind-the-scenes look as Karina travels to capture work for new print offerings.